Terms and Conditions of Sale
- SELECTION: Many of the items sold by Manoirs are either antique or of some age. Designers should thoroughly examine all merchandise to ensure that there is no damage to the merchandise. Reviewing for damage is the sole responsibility of the Designer and must be noted on the Sales Invoice before leaving the premises. If the Designer wants to purchase the damaged merchandise, it will be marked as a “final sale” and is not eligible for return.
- ON APPROVAL: Designers may take merchandise out on approval for a maximum of 48 business hours with appropriate deposits for the full amount of the merchandise (“Deposit”). Once the merchandise leaves Manoirs premises, the merchandise becomes the sole responsibility of Designers and Designers bear the liability for any loss or damage to the merchandise. If the merchandise is not returned within the 48 hours approval time period, Manoirs will automatically process your Deposit without further notification.
- DEPOSITS: In order to take items out on approval, Designers must pay a deposit to Manoirs for the full net cost of all merchandise checked out. Deposits may be paid by an approved check (company or personal) or credit card (company or personal).
- RETURNING ITEMS OUT ON APPROVAL: Designers will indicate items to be purchased and items to be returned. After items on “approval” have been returned and examined for damages, Manoirs will process payment for those items to be purchased. At that time, all sales on those purchases will be final. Please plan for this time upon your return.
- EXTENSIONS: We understand that certain unforeseen circumstances may occur which prevents the return of items on approval within the 48-hour window. If it is impossible for you to return your approval items within 48 hours it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to call a Manoirs representative and receive authorization for an extension. If authorized, you will receive one (1) extension period not to exceed two (2) business days. Items kept longer than (5) days will be assumed “purchased” and your deposit will be processed for payment. Items purchased through the approval process are not returnable.
- FINAL SALES: The following merchandise is considered A FINAL SALE and may not be check out on approval. NO EXCEPTIONS.
(i) Antique Books
(ii) Sale and Clearance Items
(iii) Antique Original Prints
(iv) Items that are returned with damages.
(v) Marble pillars, vases, fountains
(vi) Floral Arrangements
- CUSTOM ORDERS: All custom orders require 50% deposit at the time the order is placed. Balance plus freight and delivery charges are due upon receipt of delivery. Custom orders that have shipped are non-refundable items. Cancellation of a custom order that is in production will result In a 30% restocking fee. All pricing will be honored up to 30 from the date of the original quotation.
- RETURNED CHECKS/NON PAYMENT: All returned checks will be accessed a $25 return processing fee.
- INTEREST . In the event of a non-payment of any and all monies due hereunder, the Designers shall pay interest on the amounts due hereunder at the rate of twelve percent (12%) per annum (based on 360 days) from the date such monies are due until payment is made.
- TITLE AND OWNERSHIP : Manoirs retains ownership of all merchandise until all payments have been received and paid in full.
- TIME OF THE ESSENCE. Time is of the essence in this Agreement
- GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be construed, interpreted, and enforced in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of Georgia.
- ATTORNEYS FEES. If the merchandise purchased pursuant to this Agreement or any part thereof shall be collected by or through an attorney at law, the undersigned hereby agrees to pay all costs of collection, including attorney’s fees of fifteen percent (15%) of the total amount due.
- LIMITED WARRANTY . Neither Manoirs nor a Consignor makes any express or implied representations or warranties whatsoever concerning any property, including without limitation, any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All property is sold “AS IS” without any representations or warranties by us or the Consignor as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, the correctness of the description, the physical condition, size, quality, rarity, importance, medium, provenance, literature or historical relevance of any property and no statement anywhere, whether oral or written, whether made in a catalogue, an advertisement, a bill of sale, a salesroom posting or announcement, or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation or assumption of liability. We and the Consignor make no representations and warranties, express or implied, as to whether the purchaser acquires any copyrights, including, but not limited to, any reproduction rights in any property. We and the Consignor are not responsible for errors and omissions in a catalogue, glossary, or any supplemental material. In no event will our liability to a purchaser exceed the purchase price actually paid.
- NON-ASSIGNABILITY . The benefits of this warranty are not assignable and shall be applicable only to the original purchaser of record and not to any subsequent owners (including, without limitation, heirs, successors, beneficiaries or assigns) who have, or may acquire, an interest in any purchased property.